During Apple Inc. (AAPL) September 12th media event, the company introduced the new iPhone 5, an all new iPod nano and the latest 5th generation iPod touch. The 5th gen iPod touch has an all new metal back plate, made of the same anodized aluminum as the new iPhone 5 and the current MacBook lineup. The new touch also has the same new 4 inch screen on the iPhone 5, and is only 6.1mm thin and weighs only 88 grams. Other features include:
– new Lightning connector for charging and data transfer
– updated speaker
– a significantly improved 5 megapixel iSight camera with flash
– faster A5 chip
– can play 40 hours music and gets 8 hours of video playback
– Siri for iPod Touch
– 1080P video and AirPlay mirroring
– Has button for attaching strap
– Comes in five different colors for the first time
– iPhoto for iPod Touch
Apple will still be selling the fourth-gen iPod touch at the same base price of $199 for a 16GB and will be selling the new 5th generation iPod touch for $299 for a 32GB model. The new iPod touch will be shipping in October alongside the new 7th generation iPod nano and the iPod shuffle.
Are you thinking of getting one of these? Do you think it is worth the price?