The App Store over the years has won customer trust for secure apps since each app goes through an approval process. However, in the recent past there have been many cases where users’ data has been compromised due to the app developers server being hacked or not using enough security measures.
It was recently revealed that the popular Starbucks app for iOS stores user names, email address and passwords in clear text. This valuable information could easily be accessed by connecting your smartphone with the app installed to a computer. While this is not the same as recent Snapchat security breach that happened last week. It does raise some concerns over app developers commitment to keep their users’ data secure.
Starbucks spokeswoman in a statement to PCMag said, “While we are aware of this report, there is no known impact to our customers,”. Customers who often buy from Starbucks enjoy the connivence of customising their order and paying online through the application.
According to a report, Starbucks mobile app is the most used mobile payment application in the U.S. While it does provide ease of use, customers have repeatedly complained about the app not remembering passwords and often losing all information of gift cards.
Apple has set a number of guidelines for app developer to follow to have their apps approved for sale on the App Store. The recent security breaches and inadequate measures for protecting users data may soon become a huge concern for Apple.
In coming months it won’t be surprising for Apple to start rejecting applications that don’t comply with strict security measures for apps that store sensitive user information. It will be interesting to see if Apple improves its guidelines for developers to develop more secure apps for its audience.
by Starbucks Coffee Company
The Starbucks® app for iPhone® is the quickest, easiest way to pay for your coffee—no wallet necessary. The app is completely redesigned with an improved interface, a more personal dashboard experience, digital tipping and other great features, including easy access to our loyalty program, My Starbucks Rewards®.
And you’ll get a free drink at participating stores (some restrictions apply) when you join My Starbucks Rewards® and sign up for email rewards.
App features when you’re a member of My Starbucks Rewards®:
• Pay: Use your iPhone®/iPod® Touch to pay at 7,000 U.S. company-operated Starbucks® stores and 2,500 Target and Safeway Starbucks® locations. Check your Starbucks Card balance, reload your Card, view your transaction history and transfer balances between Cards.
• Tipping: Leave a digital tip on purchases made with your Starbucks Card at U.S. company-operated Starbucks® stores.
• Passbook: Add your Starbucks Card to Passbook.
• Rewards: Track your Stars and redeem your rewards in the My Starbucks Rewards® program.
• Gift: Send Starbucks Card eGifts to friends via email.
App features when you’re not a member of My Starbucks Rewards®:
• Inbox: Receive Starbucks notifications, special offers and the Pick of the Week.
• Store Locator: Find the stores nearest you, directions, hours and amenities.
For more information, please visit http://www.starbucks.com/coffeehouse/mobile-apps/
The Starbucks application uses location services (user-enabled) to support store location and Order features, as well as to utilize iBeacon technology for guided experiences in our Starbucks Roastery.*
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.