It is no surprise that as the Apple Media Event scheduled for January 27 gets closer rumours and leaks take a new high!
Boy Genius has published details regarding iPhone OS 4.0 features and claims that their source has confirmed that the new Apple Tablet will be called iTablet.
Some of the features of iPhone OS 4.0 which were ‘leaked’ are:
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide. (Would make sense for that as the rumored OS for the iTablet is close if not the same as the iPhone)
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We haven’t had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.
While BGR claims that the new tablet is called iTablet, MacRumours who previously discovered iSlate.com domain registered by Apple now reveals that “Apple may, in fact, be positioning “iPad” as the name for the imminent tablet device.”
We are not coming to any conclusions and will just have to wait for the Apple Event on January 27 to know the actual facts!
Read our coverage on all rumours about Apple Tablet you need to know.