For those of you who love your iOS apps, you’ll be interested to know that there have been some great updates recently to some of the App Store’s most popular, including Game Centre support for Labyrinth 2 and Guitar Hero, and a new ocean layer for Google Earth!
Version 3.1.0 brings with it an awesome new feature that lets you explore the ocean floor on your device. It’s pretty impressive, and as it’s free, there’s no reason not to try it out (view in iTunes)! Another great new improvement is that Google Earth now features incredibly sharp and detailed visuals, optimized for the Retina display.
- Fixed a crash when receiving push notifications
- Fixed a crash when navigating in Messages
- Fixed inconsistent notification counts in notification bar and application badge
- Fixed a problem where people would appear twice in Here Now on a Place view
- Fixed a problem that could cause the toolbar to not be shown on a Place view
- The update also improves the login experience for developers using the Facebook SDK.
The update to Labyrinth 2 brings it up to version 1.3.0 and includes Game Centre support. There are 36 Game Centre achievements, together with a leaderboard. There are also graphical improvements, which now make Labyrinth 2 (view in iTunes) perfect on the Retina display.
One of my favorite iPhone games available, and now even better, as Guitar Hero also includes Game Centre support, although we’re unsure how many achievements there are at present. Version 1.2.0 (view in iTunes) also provides support for multitasking and makes Guitar Hero iOS 4.1 ready. If you haven’t already played this game, I seriously recommend it.