App Review: ReaddleDocs
Perfect app for carrying your documents and files where ever you go!
– Copy Files Directly From any Mac or Windows Computer
– Read all common office documents
– Save attachements you have goy in the Email
– Email files stored in Readdledocs to your colleagues and partners
– Read books on the go
– Transfer files to your iPhone with or without Wi-Fi
– Save documents from the web
– Access MobileMe iDisk and other popular Web Storages
– Exchange files with other iPhone users
I am highly impressed with the quality of ReaddleDocs. The developers of ReaddleDocs have covered almost all possible ways of leaveraging iPhone’s capabilities to be used as a complete document and file management device. Since Apple opened the gates for iPhone’s enterprise capabilities, Business apps have flooded the app store. ReaddleDocs surely shines amongst all in providing a very satisfactory experience in document and file management.
ReaddleDocs UI is very intuitive. You can choose to view available Documents, go online using Wi-Fi or ReaddleDocs account, use in-line web browser to download documents from web, view recent documents and configure settings.
Viewing a particular document or file has an option to email it as an attachment, bookmark the spot where you stopped reading and fast scroll for documents with large number of pages. The app can also show pictures taken from the camera roll and in the photo albums.
Readdle offers you 512MB of free storage on their web storage service http://readdle.com/register/appstore which can be used to upload your documents with an easy to use interface (multiple uploading possible) and then acceses through ReaddleDocs app on your iPhone/iPod touch anywhere. The app also supports WebDAV protocol to share data with computers via Wi-Fi. You can also configure MobileMe iDisk and Other Servers too.
The in-line web browser is a very useful feature as you can browse for documents and download (books) without leaving the app. After you configure your Readdle account you can use your uniqe email address to forward attachments and view using ReaddleDocs app.
ReaddleDocs supports following document formats for viewing:
– Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint (.doc/.docx, .xls/.xlsx, .ppt/.pptx)
– Apple iWorks: Pages, Numbers, Keynote (.pages, .keynote, .numbers)
– Portable document format (.pdf)
– Web pages (.html, .htm)
– Rich text documents (.rtf, rtfdnew)
– Text files (.txt)
– Fiction book (.fb2)
– Plucker e-books (.pdb)
– Images (.jpeg, .jpg, .gif, .png. .tiff)
– NEWMedia formats (mp3, mp4, 3gp, mov, mpv)
The app also has an option to use safari bookmarklet, set a passkey to protect your documents and sort documents in different folders. Readdle also provides extensive documention detailing each and every feature with the app.
ReaddleDocs is a highly polished app which will ceratinly make your iPhone more powerful than it ever was!
- 512MB free storage
- Supports all popular documents & file formats
- Embedded web browser, E-mail attachments
- Offline viewing, download books.
The Not So Good
- Could use flick gesture to view different pics