Kobo, a global eReading service, today announced the availability of its new iPhone application, built specifically for iPhone 4 and the iOS 4 operating system. The application features additional reading format options, automatic syncing, multiple bookmarking and faster navigation. In addition to iPhone, Kobo is available on iPad, Android, BlackBerry, netbooks, tablets and dedicated eReaders – including the Kobo eReader. All of Kobo’s applications connect to the Kobo eBook store, which features more than two million titles including best sellers, classics, and thousands of free books.
“Our iPhone application has always been one of our most popular apps and we’re excited for our users to see Kobo on iOS 4,” said Michael Serbinis, CEO of Kobo. “Kobo users now have even more flexibility when reading free books and best sellers. It’s all about ensuring that our customers continue to have the best and easiest reading experience on any device.”
The new and improved Kobo iPhone application adds the following new features:
- Retina Display: The iPhone 4’s high-quality screen makes reading easier on the eyes.
- Multitasking Functionality: Users stay connected to Kobo while performing tasks such as texting and email.
- Rich Text & Images: Read books in their original format as ePubs and select from different font sizes and styles.
- Bookmark Syncing: Kobo for iPhone automatically syncs a user’s last read page across all of their devices so users can pick up where they left off from device to device.
- Multiple Bookmarks: ‘Dog ear’ favorite pages in several books to easily come back and continue reading later. Kobo will also store the date and time of the last bookmark.
- Easier navigation: Kobo now includes the ability to advance pages and chapters in a book without losing one’s place.
Kobo is a global eReading service with customers in more than 200 countries. In addition to building applications for existing mobile devices, Kobo recently started selling the affordable eInk Kobo eReader, with a goal of making eReading more accessible for consumers. Kobo’s open approach enables consumers to read their content on any device anytime, anyplace – including downloading purchases and reading on popular third-party devices and software. Kobo believes customers should have the freedom of choice, and be able to build their eBook libraries independent of any device or service.
About Kobo, Inc.
Kobo is a global eReading service backed by majority shareholder Indigo Books & Music, Borders Group, REDgroup Retail, and Cheung Kong Holdings. Kobo believes consumers should be able to read any eBook on any device. With a catalog of over two million eBooks, and an open platform, Kobo enables retailers, device manufacturers and mobile operators to bring the joy of eReading to customers everywhere. For more information, visit www.kobobooks.com.