Instaviz is a highly detailed and very easy to use graph sketching app.
• Sketch out a rough shape. Instaviz magically transforms it into a neat ellipse, circle, rectangle, square, diamond or triangle.
• Sketch a link between two shapes. Instaviz quickly redraws the graph with the most pleasing layout.
• Scroll the diagram by dragging with two fingers.
• Zoom in and out by pinching with two fingers.
• To edit the label, color or style of a shape or link, double-tap on it.
• To change the shape, sketch the new shape over the old one.
• To delete a shape or link, tap on it and shake the iPhone.
• To export the graph, double-tap on the graph background then choose Export Graph. You can export the diagram to box.net, iDisk (MobileMe) or any WebDAV server, in DOT/GV and PDF formats.
• Instaviz uses Recog, a new shape recognition engine. Trained on over 2,500 sketches drawn by real users, Recog uses advanced fuzzy logic to recognize what you just sketched in a split second.
• Instaviz uses Graphviz as its automated graph layout engine. The industry standard for automated graph layout, Graphviz represents over 18 years of research work at AT&T and won two Apple Design Awards in 2004.
Instaviz makes graph sketching a fun experience by utilizing iPhone’s revolutionary multi-touch interface and accelerometer. It can be used for sketching mind maps, concept maps, semantic networks, org charts, flowcharts, social networks or genomic hierarchies and more.
Create detailed graphs by simply sketching a rough shape and Instaviz will recognize it and draw an ellipse, circle, rectangle, square, diamond or a triangle for you. Linking two shapes is as easy as sketching a a line between the two and delete a shape by simply taping it and shaking your iPhone. .
UI of Instaviz is very clean as it recognizes gestures to either Scroll, Zoom or Edit. Editing options include Node Settings and Edge Settings (Label, color, style, Border, Thickness, Corner and more.)
Instaviz is highly useful as it offers a range of exporting options after your desired graph is ready. Exporting options include box.net, iDisk (MobileMe) or any WebDAV server, in DOT/GV and PDF formats.
I highly recommend Instaviz for all those who are looking for an easy and highly customizable graph sketching app!
- Amazing User Interface (draws shapes by simply sketching a rough shape)
- Graph export options
- Draw a highly customizable graph
The Not So Good
- Can’t re-arrange the flow.