Apple’s iOS 4.3.1 Software Update Coming Within a Couple of Weeks?
- Baseband updates for the 3GS and iPad (original)
- Fixed memory hang that results in memory corruption when reading large files from USIM filesystem
- Fixed problem with NTLM authentication in apps and on websites
- Fixed issue with the Springboard and 3rd party apps not recognising the gyroscope on the iPad 2
- Fixed iPad 2 jailbreak vulnerability
Generally Apple tends to push out an update to developers a week or so before it releases the final software into “user-land”. So that update for developers may well happen within the next 24 hours, as iOS updates do tend to get pushed out on Tuesdays.
However, that roll out to iOS developers is not always certain. Especially with a set of specific fixes for identified issues (rather than new features) that Apple may well decide it can simply push out to users and developers alike earlier if they skip developer verification.
Either way, expect a minor update to Apple’s mobile operating system very soon.
How has your battery life been? For some (me for example) iOS 4.3 has improved battery life on my iPhone 4. However, other’s have had a different experience altogether, and consequently hope the next iteration of iOS will give them some relief.
Have you been affected by iOS 4.3 bugs, or bettery life issues? Let us know how iOS 4.3 have been for you in the comments…