Sacramento, California – iHomeEducator today is pleased to announce the release of iLiveGrammar Botany 4.0 – an educational grammar and science app which includes a large collection of stunning macro photography images.
Arlene Lee, home educator and Chief Mom explains, “We took many of the photos ourselves during field trips during the summer. There is such a diversity in plant life from flowers, seeds, size, and shape… we have only scratched the surface with ~100 photos packed into this little app. Furthermore we wanted to make this app serve more than one purpose… not just botany but grammar.
Our 1st grader is now learning nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs and our 7th grader is fascinated with her new microscope as she studies plant structures – so this app combines the two topics into one to use the diversity of plants in teaching grammar. The sentences then become more than just scientific facts but also a means for introducing grammar across four randomly generated lessons.”
The four lessons include:
Lesson 1: Nouns and Verbs
Lesson 2: Adjectives and Adverbs
Lesson 3: Prepositions, Articles, Conjunctions, and Nouns
Lesson 4: Review
iLiveGrammar randomly displays a sentence with a word highlighted:
* Sentences are associated with pictures where a specific word or words are highlighted
* Pick from the scrolling picker: noun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition, article, etc. which is associated to the highlighted word(s)
* The sentence and answers are tracked for record keeping and can be emailed and blogged
* Reports have been enhanced to highlight the word(s) in yellow, the Correct Answer is highlighted in green and the Incorrect Answer is highlighted in red
* Related science and grammar videos are linked in as an incentive for the students
Using the Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter the teacher can control the app as well as display the sentence and photograph on an external projector. The Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter is supported by the iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod touch (4th generation). All iLiveMath apps ported to 4.0 will support this new adapter.
* iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* Universal App design and layout
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1.2 or later
* Compiled and tested on iOS4
Pricing and Availability:
iLiveGrammar Botany 4.0 is offered at the list price of $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
iHomeEducator was founded in 2009 by a credentialed California State Board of Education mother and family actively home educating three children through a Charter School. Through this personal journey we are building apps for ourselves and educators around the world. We hope to help children master mathematical concepts combined with engaging social studies, science, history, and literature themes. Copyright (C) 2009-2010 iHomeEducator. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.