Liverpool, United Kingdom – To celebrate half a million (500,000) games played, Phasic Labs Ltd. today is pleased to announce that Hexius, the unique action-puzzle game, is now free on the App Store for one weekend only. Hexius is a psychedelic action-puzzler, with 3 fun game modes, global/friends scores, weekly score challenges, achievements, regular updates, and more. To find out why players keep coming back for more, and to get your free copy, head over to the App Store and search for Hexius.
* Time Attack Mode – connect matching hexagons as fast as possible, until time runs out – the faster you play, the higher the score multiplier goes!
* Level Challenge Mode – collect all the targets to move onto progressively harder levels. The faster you go, the more time is carried over to the next level – find out how far can you go before time runs out!
* Strategy Mode – take your time to score as highly as you can in 30 moves, making strategic use of your Multiplier bonuses.
* Bonuses – make use of Bomb, Reveal, Freeze, and the new Multiplier bonuses to help maximize your score.
* Tutorials – hints and tips show you ways of creating bonuses and getting higher scores.
* Online community – log in for free with OpenFeint to see your friends all-time high scores, global high scores, enter weekly score challenges, and collect achievements! Easily connect with your Facebook(R) and Twitter friends.
* Addictive gameplay – with simple to learn rules, Hexius will appeal to the casual player and puzzle lovers, whilst the subtle tactics required to get really high scores will intrigue the more advanced gamer.
Reviews of Hexius:
* TouchReviews: 5/5
* AppSmile: 4.5/5
* MacCreate: 4.5/5
* AddAddict: 4/5
* AppShouter – “If you’re a fan of Puzzle games … you should definitely pick up Hexius”
* TheAppEra – “A simple, casual game that works perfectly”
Pricing and Availability:
For a very limited time, Hexius 1.3 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Visit the Phasic Labs website to check out videos and screenshots, and read some of the great reviews Hexius has received.
Phasic Labs Ltd. is a game development studio based in Liverpool, England. Phasic Labs was founded in 2010 by Paul Ripley, a game developer with over 7 years of experience who worked on titles such as Wipeout HD (PlayStation(R)3), Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (PlayStation 3) and Formula 1 2006 (PlayStation 3), as well as numerous PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 1 titles. Copyright (C) 2010 Phasic Labs Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.