Good news: I did get confirmation back from Apple that it will most likely get back in once I resubmit.
GV Mobile for iPhone was not approved by Apple when it was submitted for approval earlier and it lead to a controversy. When Apple responded to the FCC’s questions they claimed that:
The application has not been approved because, as submitted for review, it appears to alter the iPhone’s distinctive user experience by replacing the iPhone’s core mobile telephone functionality and Apple user interface with its own user interface for telephone calls, text messaging and voicemail.
However, now it seems that the app will be available soon as the developer has re-submitted the app to Apple for approval.
9to5Mac contacted the developer and published new details about the upcoming app:
- New app name is “GV Mobile +”
- The app will support the retina display
- The app will do iOS 4 quick-app-switching/multitasking
- There may be some sort of push notification feature in this release or in a future update.
- It will be free for the first 12 hours then will go to $2.99