Miami Beach, FL – Candywriter has announced the immediate availability of Word Solitaire: Aurora for iPhone, Word Solitaire HD for iPad, and Word Solitaire for Mac. The three titles are separate versions of the same game – a sequel to the original iPhone classic, Word Solitaire. The iPhone version has already been selected this week as a “New and Noteworthy” app on the front page of iTunes.
Word Solitaire cards are dealt just like in traditional solitaire but with a unique twist: instead of playing cards, each card represents a letter of the alphabet. It’s the user’s task to stack cards on top of one another, create words, and expose more letters. Once all provided letters have been arranged into words, the user may advance to the next level.
Whereas the original iPhone game featured 25 levels, the new Word Solitaire suite includes a 250-level “Campaign” as well as a “Quick Play” mode and a “Global” mode in which users compete against each other on a daily puzzle.
Word Solitaire was designed with relaxation in mind and is set on top of an animated aurora background that changes color each day.
* A 250-Level “Campaign” will keep you hooked for months
* Compete against users around the world on the daily puzzle
* Configure a game with your own settings in Quick Play mode
* Stunning displays of the aurora change each day
* Relaxing graphics, interface and music
* The iPhone version includes high-resolution Retina graphics and Game Center support
* The iPad version includes support for portrait and landscape orientations
iOS 3.0 or later (iPhone version)
iOS 3.2 or later (iPad version)
Mac OS 10.5.8 or later (Mac version)
Located in Miami Beach, Florida, Candywriter produces creative yet beautiful software for Mac OS X and iOS. Copyright 2010 Candywriter, LLC. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.