[UPDATE] Joe Hewitt updated his Twitter status earlier today saying “Just uploaded Facebook for iPhone 3.0 to the App Store for review. ”
Now let’s hope Apple approves this much awaited update soon!
According to Joe Hewitt (lead engineer for Facebook’s iPhone application) nearly 25% of all iPhone owners use Facebook app on their iPhone.
Today, Hewitt shared some details on the upcoming version 3.0 of the Facebook iPhone app.
What will be coming in the new version?
1. The “new” News Feed
3. Events (including the ability to RSVP)
6. Create new photo albums
7. Upload photos to any album
8. Zoom into photos
9. Easier photo tagging
10. Profile Pictures albums
11. A new home screen for easy access to all your stuff, search, and notifications
12. Add your favorite profiles and pages to the home screen
13. Better Notifications (they link to the comments so you can reply)
14. Quickly call or text people right from the Friends page
15. Messages you are typing will be restored if you quit or are interrupted by a phone call
The new home screen looks very user friendly, providing quick and easy access to News Feed, Profile, friends, Pages, Events, Photos and more.
iPhone is the most popular phone for uploading pictures, the ability to create and upload photos to any Photo Album is a welcome addition. This will enable users to easily upload and share their gorgeous pictures instantly.
If you were waiting for Push Notifications, well you will have to wait a bit longer as it is in development but won’t make it into 3.0. Facebook 3.1 update will add Push Notification functionality later this summer.
Facebook 3.0 Screenshots
What do you think about Facebook 3.0 for iPhone?