CNN has thrown its hat into the iPad publishing ring with its own digital magazine app for Apple’s Tablet and it is free. If you are a CNN viewer then this may be the app for you. Although a couple of initial reviews have noted problems getting the app to connect to CNN’s servers. Not an auspicious start, although I am sure they’ll fix it pretty quick.
Here is their app description.
Experience the new CNN App for iPad. Share and comment on news & insights, watch live and breaking news video, and take yourself deeper into the stories. Welcome to the bigger picture. Features:
- Go beyond breaking news with top headlines, in-depth feature stories and video
- Choose your view from different navigation options; quickly scan the headlines or immerse yourself in a slideshow
- Take part in the conversation by commenting on stories and reading others‚Äô responses
- Share stories on Facebook and Twitter or via e-mail
- Save stories for offline viewing
- Watch live video streams of breaking news and other major news events
Have you checked it out yet? Let us know in the comments…
Free (View in iTunes)
Released: Dec 14, 2010
1.0 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
Seller: CNN Interactive Group, Inc.
© 2010 CNN Interactive Group, Inc.
Rated 12+ for the following:
Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content or Nudity
Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 3.2 or later