CNN Releases New iPad App and It’s Free
CNN has thrown its hat into the iPad publishing ring with its own digital magazine app for Apple’s Tablet and it is free. If you are a CNN viewer then this may be the app for you. Although a couple of initial reviews have noted problems getting the app to connect to CNN’s servers. Not an auspicious start, although I am sure they’ll fix it pretty quick.
Here is their app description.
Experience the new CNN App for iPad. Share and comment on news & insights, watch live and breaking news video, and take yourself deeper into the stories. Welcome to the bigger picture. Features:
– Go beyond breaking news with top headlines, in-depth feature stories and video
– Choose your view from different navigation options; quickly scan the headlines or immerse yourself in a slideshow
– Take part in the conversation by commenting on stories and reading others‚Äô responses
– Share stories on Facebook and Twitter or via e-mail
– Save stories for offline viewing
– Watch live video streams of breaking news and other major news events
Have you checked it out yet? Let us know in the comments…
Free (View in iTunes)
Released: Dec 14, 2010
1.0 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
Seller: CNN Interactive Group, Inc.
© 2010 CNN Interactive Group, Inc.
Rated 12+ for the following:
Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content or Nudity
Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 3.2 or later