Softmines, a developer and publisher of games for the Apple iOS platform, today announced that their first title, Bloody Hell, is available for immediate download on the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch at $0.99. To commemorate the launch of this brutal, gory, action-packed app, Softmines has organized a promo offer and contest with amazing prizes to be handed out—one promotion gives every player the opportunity to grab a $10 iTunes Gift Certificate and the other a chance to win one of two Apple iPod touch devices.
Bloody Hell is a fast-paced, bloodthirsty game that puts the player into the shoes of a man hell-bent on taking the ultimate retribution from his adversaries—their deaths. Using a wide variety of weaponry including guns, bombs and nuclear explosions, players can wreak destruction on any and all figures that dare to cross their path.
Killing off all enemies is not an easy task, however. As the levels progress, players will find it increasingly difficult to ensure that the enemies meet their makers. Since Bloody Hell also tracks high scores and kill combos using OpenFeint and Cocos Live, players can share their latest revenge-seeking achievements with all their friends (and any enemies who are still alive).
In a gesture of appreciation, Softmines plans to give away $10 iTunes Gift Certificates to day one purchasers of Bloody Hell in a social media promotion running today. For players to qualify for their gift card, they must fulfill the following conditions:
- Write a review about Bloody Hell for iTunes on launch day
- Follow Softmines on Facebook and post to your own wall the following message: “I stand a chance to receive a $10 iTunes Gift card by buying the action game ‘Bloody Hell’ for iPhone @softmines for $0.99.”or
- Email Softmines at [email protected] with the following details:
– Your Facebook ID /URL or your Twitter ID/URL
– Your iTunes App Store nickname from which the review was posted
In addition, Softmines will give away one iPod touch to the player with the highest score in the game at 15 days after launch, and a second device to the most helpful review visible on the App Store. These contests will begin on August 10, 2010 and end on August 31, 2010.
Both the contest and promotional offer are for U.S. residents only. Full terms and conditions for each offer can be found here: http://bit.ly/aXDqmN
“We’re confident players will enjoy Bloody Hell for its pick up and play simplicity and mindless destruction,” said Vikas Gupta, CEO of Softmines. “We’ve given you the arsenal, it’s up to you to do the damage. This is not a game about surviving… it’s a game about making the survival of others impossible.”
Bloody Hell features:
– Seven main characters plus a few surprise guests
– Two types of guns and multiple explosions including grenades and nuclear bombs
– Three different environments to visit as players cause chaos and ravage adversaries
– Open Feint connectivity and Cocos Live integration to share high scores and kill combos
To check out the carnage, view the official game trailer here:
To get the bloodbath started, download Bloody Hell here: http://itunes.apple.com/app/bloody-hell/id381089781?mt=8
For more information on Bloody Hell, please visit: www.softmines.com
Formed in 2010, Softmines is a new mobile application publisher committed to creating high-end games and entertainment apps for the Apple iOS platform. Based in New Delhi, Softmines focuses on providing top-tier 2D & 3D games, as well as offering consultation and publishing opportunities to developers. For more information visit: