Appvent Calendar was introduced last year by Blacksmith Games as a platform to promote games during the holiday season. The site works in collaboration with developers and publishers who offer one free game for 24 hours each day , until Christmas. It seems that the main idea behind “Appvent Calendar” was to solve the problem of discoverability.
We all know that, “Free sells” and since the site features some great games each day it has managed to create positive buzz and often results in games reaching the top charts on the App Store.
The team behind Blacksmith Games is back with its annual holiday advent calendar and this year they are not just offering free games but are also offering free apps. They have kicked off the first day with Time Geeks: Find All! for iPhone which we reviewed almost two months back and really liked it.
From our review :
the pixel art style gives it a great retro feel yet not dated in any way. Launching the game you may think that you’re getting ready to play a game from the 1980′s but you would be wrong. The game itself is part hidden object and part Where’s Waldo, or Where’s Wally depending where you come from, and there is a lot to keep you entertained.
The game scored a perfect 5 star rating and there is no reason for you to not visit the App Store and download this addictive game for free.
- The perfect companion to the iPod app.
- Other albums by your artists alongside those you already own.
- Beautiful artist photos and missing album art downloaded.
- Integrated artist biographies and album histories.
- The best way to browse music videos, interviews and songs on YouTube.
- Discover great music with similar artist recommendations and smart genre browsing.
- Powerful artist search. Browse any artists, whether in your library or not.
- Switch between iPod app and My Artists without interrupting your music.
- Gorgeous retina display graphics and iOS4 multitasking on supported devices.
- Powered by last.fm.
Let us know what you think about Appvent Calendar in the comments section below.