Apple iPad Sold out in the US again

 In Tablets

Apple Store

A little over 24 hours ago we reported on the frustrating news that Apple (AAPL) seemed to be stashing iPad for in-store sales at its UK launch on the 28th of May. The knock on effect of that being that UK customers who had ordered online in the last week or so would have to wait until the 7th of June to get their iPad. Over a week after they would be in Apple Stores on general sale!

It seems though, that Apple is having problems all over the place keeping up with the demand for iPads. So maybe they are a bit panicky about having stock for their stores. Especially high profile launches like the UK one.

Gene Munster has been Apple Store hopping, and making calls again, and has come to the conclusion that 74% of Apple stores are sold out of iPads in the US. The remaining 26% only have Wi-Fi models available. Reserving an iPad in an Apple store that has no stock will get you one in 4-7 days. Whilst ordering online will get you one about 7-10 days later.

From those figures, and accounts of when Apple says it will have more iPads available for those who order now, Munster has surmised that Apple may not hit its own target of 2.5 – 3 millions iPads sold in this quarter.

I am not so sure. It is entirely possible that Apple is keeping supplies back for the several countries that the iPad launches in next week. In which case it may well hit, or surpass those targets anyway.

Do you think Apple is hoarding iPads? Or do you think they have had massive manufacture problems? Let us know in the comments.



Recommended Posts

Leave a Reply

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search

dutch ipad app store