Today Apple sent out emails announcing the availability of the iPad in US Apple Stores. It is safe to say that Apple has been once again successful in marketing their product well as you could see many people camping outside Apple Stores to be the first ones to get the device and even the early pre-order statistics we reported are very impressive.
The iPad comes in two versions iPad Wi-Fi and iPad WiFi+3G both available in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB models. Apple is known to limit the number of products available at launch so at this moment only the Wi-Fi version is available and the WiFi+3G version is expected later this month.
Apple had been preparing for a ‘grand opening’ for the iPad App Store and they have managed to get major game publishers to get their titles ready exclusively for the iPad. Electronic Arts has launched Mirror’s Edge for iPad before the iPhone version is made available and we might see many more game titles being released for the iPad first and then for the iPhone.
Welcome to a whole new world of apps. From games to education to productivity, there are over 1000 new apps made just for iPad you can discover now on the App Store. They’re unlike anything you’ve seen or touched before. And this is just the beginning.
The apps and games featured on Apple’s website are:
- The Elements – Learn about the 118 elements of the periodic table in an immersive 3D experience. [iTunes Store]
- Real Racing HD – Feel the rush with High Definition 3D racing graphics from Firemint. [iTunes Store]
- Marvel Comics – With iPad’s large and bright display you’ll fall in love with your favourite comics again. [iTunes Store]
- The Wall Street Journal – iPad now makes reading the news on a mobile device better than ever before. [iTunes Store]
- Epicurious – With more than 25,000 recipes you’ll always be able to find great ideas for your next meal. [iTunes Store]
- At Bat 2010 – Watch live streaming games on the large iPad screen and listen to pitch-by-pitch audio — even when you’re in a different app. [iTunes Store]
- E*TRADE Mobile Pro – Trading on an iPad can be fun with the multi-touch gestures on a large screen. [iTunes Store]
- Asphalt 5 – 30 cars, 12 cities and stunning graphics. Your iPad would feel incomplete without this racing game. [iTunes Store]
- SCRABBLE – Experience one of the most popular board games from EA with customizable rules and new gestures. [iTunes Store]
- F1™ 2010 – Never miss an important race. Watch live positions on the track through a dynamic 3D map. [iTunes Store]
- Labyrinth 2 HD – The perfect game to show off your iPad’s accelerometer. [iTunes Store]
You can view the gameplay videos of the apps and games listed above here
Check back soon for our in-depth review of the Apple iPad and unboxing.[Image]