Apple’s iOS Now Accounts for 2% of Global Web Usage

 In Mobile Technology

Two percent does not seem like a huge number. But when you consider that 2% of the entire world’s internet browsing (that’s including desktop computers) is done using iOS today, that tends to put that figure in sharper focus. It is an impressive achievement for a mobile operating system. And any other smart phone maker would be happy to have that share for their platform.

In more mobile orientated parts of the world, like Singapore, Apple’s iOS now accounts for almost 10% of all of their internet usage. That is quite a staggering figure when you consider that the remaining 90% share includes Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox etc. on PCs, Macs, Linux machines, Android, Nokia devices and so on.

Just before Christmas iOS held around 1.6% of the global internet share for device usage. So in just a few short months the penetration of Apple’s mobile operating system has grown by almost another third.

Pretty impressive stuff.

Do you think this figure is set to grow even further? Have your say in the comments.


Recommended Posts

Leave a Reply

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search